Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dreams are connected to our emotions and subconscious mind


Frances O. Ponce

Did you have weird dreams? Did you dream about your loved ones? Did you dream of flying or feeling like falling into the abyss? 

Dreams have meanings-- and those meanings are connected to your current state of consciousness and feelings. 

Every time I dream, I always see to it that I can remember those dreams by the time I wake up. By the time I remember my dreams, I gather the main objects in my memory and write them into a paper or through my computer. I searched those objects usually through dreammoods.com and eventually wrote a diary about them.

Every time I searched the meaning, I realized that somehow those dreams seem connected to the current experiences of my waking life.

Pondering your dreams and writing them out through a piece of paper is a great exercise of knowing yourself more. It has been proven through several psychological studies that writing our thoughts and feelings to a piece of paper enhances our thinking and perspective about ourselves.

Jon Kabat Zinn, a distinguished doctor and the founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Relaxation Clinic once said: writing is one of the best meditation you can make. And that is absolutely true. When you write your thoughts, you are like pondering and exploring your emotions without being attached to them and learn something out of those experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...